1. face n.脸;面貌;表面;表情 vt.面向;面临;对付;覆盖;面对;摆在……面前
① Are you bothered by pimples on your face?
② Saddam faces to be hanged for killing 148 people in the Iraqi town of Dujail, in 1982.
③ His face reminded me of a criminal, like a robber or murderer.
④ A happy face could mean a happy brain.
2. situate / locate v.坐落于,位于
Situated / located adj. 坐落于的,位于的
Situation / location n. 地理地方
注意: Situation / location有什么区别
不一样点: 当形势”讲时, 只用Situation.
The firm _______ its office in Shanghai last year.
Perhaps you’re experienced the following _________.
Can you _______ Paris on the map?
My bedroom is _______ on the TOP floor of the house.
3. design v. 设计;计划;意欲
designer n. 布局; 策略;图样;意图
① The book is mainly _______ for use in colleges.
② The new programme is ______ to get kids exercising more and eating more nurtious foods.
③ I want to be a fashion _______ when I grew up.
④ Thanks to its special ________, passengers can enjoy the beautiful scenery above water.
⑤ He had a trendy haircut, an earring and ______ jeans.
⑥ Now, it’s common to see people dressed in clothes with a flag _________.
4. across prep.在……另一边
② The Great Wall winds its way from west to east, _____ deserts _____ mountains, and _____ valleys, till at last it reaches the sea.
A. over; across; across B. through; past; past
C. across; over; through D. past; through; over
1. in terms of 依据……; 以……的看法; 说到; 在……方面
① 就面积和人口而论, 它是一个小国.
We are _________________ each other.
2. “作为”as ; “因”for
be famous for be known as be remembered as
be famous as be known for be rememvered for
be admired for
be admired as
He _____ always _________ a national hero.
She ______ still _____________ a national here.
That village ______________ its poverty.
She _____________________ her beauty.
3. compare......with....... 把...和...比较
② ______ with the size of the whole earth, the biggest ocean does not seem big at
A. Compare B. When comparing C. Comparing D. When compared
4. off the coast 在挨近海岸的海面上
on the coast“挨近海岸”,表示在陆上挨近海岸的地方
③ A big whale was caught _____ the coast by two fishermen.
A. along B. on C. across D. off
1. what′s ...like?
③倍数+the size + of...
④ 倍数+ what从句.
3. That’s ..., isn’t it?反意疑问句型
① She seldom goes to the cimema, ____________?
② You said that she would be back soon, ___________?
③ I don’t think Mary is coming tomorrow, ____________?
④ Don’t smoke here, _______________?
1. symbol, sign, signal, mark
① Put a ________ on it and you will remember.
② Can’t you read that “ No Talking” ____________?
③ The red circle at the TOP of the sign is the ______ for Transport for London.
④ The policeman gave the _____ to sTOP walking.
I. 单词拼写 依据下列句子及所给汉语注释或首字母，写出空缺处各单词的正确形式。
1. In Rome, there are many a______ buildings which attract thousands of tourists.
2. Athens, the capital of Greece, is known as the b_______ of western civilization.
3. The meeting ended when we reached an a_______ on the trade.
4. One of Barcelona’s most famous l________ is the Church of the Sagrada Fanilia.
5. The Great Wall of China is a ______ of ancient Chinese civilization.
6. Many of Florence’s most beautiful paintings and s_______ were produced by great artists.
7. Between Italy and France, there is a mountain r______ called the Alps.
8. Barcelona is the second largest city of Spain and is _______ on the northeast coast.
9. The government has begun a new ______ at the airport to make passengers more comfortable.
10. As a Chinese, we should take pride in our great ____ from thousands of years ago.
1. The number of deaths from heart disease _____ greatly if people don’t eat more fruit and vegetables.
2. Born in such a rich and educated family, you are lucky ______ with others.
3. In this museum there are works ______ by famous artists of all time.
4. Many ________ from different countries were present at the 6th Asia-Pacific Social Science and Medicine Conference in China.
5. Bush _____ to the Republic Party has won the election in the USA.
6. The city g______ by the a famous mayor develops very smoothly.
7. Shanghai is the largest city of China, ______on the river Huangpu.
8. They are on strike in _____to the lay-off.
9. In ______ of sales, the book hasn’t been successful.
10. The terrorist attack on the UN building has shocked the_____ world.
① ______some recent work_____your older stuff and you'll see how much you've improved.
② Children seem to learn more interesting things_____when we were at school
③ People have______ me_____ Elizabeth Taylor
④ This road is quite busy_______ours.
2. for example;such as;that is
①That sum of money is to cover cosplayts _____travel and accommodation.
②I'll meet you in the city,______, I will if the trains are running.
③Offices can easily become more environmentally-friendly by,______,using recycled paper…
1. landmark;face;locate;smbol;date back to;tourist
1. ① n.脸②v.面临③n.面貌④n.表情
2. ①located ② situations ③ locate ④ situated/ located
3. ① designed ② designed ③designer ④ design ⑤designer ⑥ design
4. ① They live just across the river ② C
1. ① It is a small country both in terms of size and population.
② He’s talking in terms of starting a completely new career.
③ We must aim for world peace in the long term.
④ We are no good terms with each other.
2. ① will; be remembered as
② is; remembered for
③ was known for
④ is admired for
3. ① You will find many differences if you compare British English with American
4. ① Some children are playing on the coast.
② The island lies off the coast of Shanghai.
1. ① What’s the weather like today?
② What’s she like? I have never seen her.
2. ① Asia is four times as large as Europe.
② The new building is four times higher than the old one.
③ The hall is twice the width of our classroom.
④ The production now is three times what it was ten years ago.
3. ① does she?
② didn’t you?
③ will you?
① mark ② sign ③ symbol ④ signal
I.1. ancient 2. birthplace 3. agreement 4. landmarks 5. symbol 6. sculptures 7. range 8. situated 9. project 10. civilisation
II.1. will increase 2. compared 3. produced 4. representatives 5. belonging 6. governed 7. situated 8.opposition 9. terms 10. civilized
III. 1. ①Compare; with ②compared to/with ③compared; to ④compared to/with
2. ①such as ②that is ③for example